Listen to El Tabaquero performed
Alex played at the birthday party I held for my husband. He was perfect. I recommend him without reservation. He's an exemplary guitar player, but was also really professional and easy going. We only had about 25 people at the party, and I've never hired a professional musician to play in my home before. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but honestly, would probably want Alex again because the music was just so lovely. It really made the evening very special. He's awesome!
We recently used Alex at a corporate event and he was perfect! Professional, easy to work with both prior to and during the event and of course an excellent musician. I highly recommend him! (And all of our planning was done across the country without any issues!
We hired Alex to play music at our wedding ceremony a few weeks ago and he was awesome! He was great to work with, punctual, and super easy going. We told him a few specific songs we wanted for the ceremony and it was perfect! Definitely would hire him again!
Read additional 5 star reviews on
Yelp, Gigmasters, and Wedding Wire.
Who Is Alex Guillen?
Alex Guillen was born and raised in San Diego, California where he first learned guitar from his father at the age of 12. Growing up in a musical family, Alex listened to all kinds of music from Bach to the Beatles, to Miles Davis, and Jimi Hendrix. At age 16 he began taking formal guitar lessons from internationally acclaimed Flamenco guitarist Diego Corriente. Soon after, he began performing at private and corporate events, weddings, and live music venues in the San Diego area.
In 2003, Alex co-wrote and produced his first CD with his world music band Calima. That same year, he quit his “day job” to concentrate on being a full-time musician. In 2012 he founded Alex Guillen Music and went back to school to finish his music degree. Alex received an AA in Liberal Arts and Science, Music degree from San Diego Mesa College in 2014. He is now pursuing a BA in Music Composition for Film, TV and Games at Berklee Online College of Music. Currently, Alex is finding success as a performing artist while continuing his education, teaching music, and further developing his composition portfolio.
Some of Alex’s additional professional training:
Private Study - 12 years
Classical Masterclass - 2 years
Masterclass - 2 years
Jazz Clinic - 4 years
UCSD Jazz Camp - 2 years
Flamenco Workshop - 1 year
make your event unforgettable
My job is to make your event, one that your guests will remember forever. During our consultation, I work closely with you on creating the ambiance you envision for your event, whether its classical guitar, upbeat latin guitar, rhythmic Spanish guitar or custom contemporary selections for your wedding ceremony music.
Below is a list of commonly requested wedding songs and music for private events. If you have a special song that you would like, please let me know and I will accommodate your needs and help you get started with a playlist.
Contact me today for a consultation and let's design your special event together.
Sample Song Selections
Links allow you to preview a video of myself playing that song.
- Alegrias- Gypsy Kings
- Volare - Gypsy Kings
- 2 The Night - Ottmar Liebert
- Barcelona Nights - Ottmar Liebert
- Tuesday's Child - Jesse Cook
- Bombay Diner - Jesse Cook
- Balada for Heidi - Strunz & Farah
- Zumba - Strunz & Farah
- Verdiales - Juan Serrano
- Alegrias - Sabicas
- Columbianas - Paco Pena
- Bulerias - Manolo Sanlucar
Bossa Nova Guitar
- The Girl from Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Agua De Beber - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- lue Bossa - Kenny Dorham
- Wave - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Black Orpheous - Luis Bonfa
- One Note Samba - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Ave Maria - Franz Schuebert
- Cannon in D - Johann Pachelbel
- Air on a G String - JS Bach
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - JS Bach
- Trumpet Voluntary - Jeremiah Clarke
- Bridal Chorus - Richard Wagner
- Wedding March - Felix Mendelssohn
Latin Jazz Guitar
- Black Orpheus - Luis Bonfa
- Oye Como Va - Carlos Santana
- Spanish Eyes - Bert Kaempfert
- Besame Mucho - Consuelo Valasquez
- Chan Chan - Buena Vista Social Club
- Sabor A Mi - Alvaro Carillo
- Solamente Una Vez - Agustin Lara
- Historia de Un Amor - Carlos Eleta Almarán
- Perfidia - Alberto Dominguez
- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
- The Good Life - One Republic
- Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
- Th Look Of Love - Burt Bacharach
- In My Life - The Beatles
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
- Imagine - The Beatles
- Light My Fire - The Doors