Listen to El Tabaquero performed
Alex played at the birthday party I held for my husband. He was perfect. I recommend him without reservation. He's an exemplary guitar player, but was also really professional and easy going. We only had about 25 people at the party, and I've never hired a professional musician to play in my home before. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but honestly, would probably want Alex again because the music was just so lovely. It really made the evening very special. He's awesome!
We recently used Alex at a corporate event and he was perfect! Professional, easy to work with both prior to and during the event and of course an excellent musician. I highly recommend him! (And all of our planning was done across the country without any issues!
We hired Alex to play music at our wedding ceremony a few weeks ago and he was awesome! He was great to work with, punctual, and super easy going. We told him a few specific songs we wanted for the ceremony and it was perfect! Definitely would hire him again!
Read additional 5 star reviews on
Yelp, Gigmasters, and Wedding Wire.
Who Is Alex Guillen?
I was born and raised in San Diego, California. I first learned to play the guitar from my father when I was 12 years old and I've been hooked on that beautiful should ever since. Growing up in a musical family, I grew up listening to all kids of music, from Bach to the Beatles, to Miles Davis and Michael Jackson. At age 16 I began taking lessons from internationally acclaimed Flamenco guitarist Diego Corriente. Three years later I began performing in San Diego area at local live music venues and private parties.
After releasing my first CD Nuevo Paraiso in 2003, I began touring with World Music band Calima; that same year I decided to leave my nine-to-five job to concentrate on being a full-time musician. finding success as a freelance musician I decided to focus mainly on weddings, private and corporate events.
In 2012 I founded Alex Guillen Music and decided to go back to school to finish my degree in music. I received an AA in Liberal Arts and Science, Music degree from San Diego Mesa College in 2014. I am currently pursuing a BA in Music from San Diego State University.
BA Music Composition for Film, TV and Games - Berklee College of Music - Present
AA, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Music - San Diego Mesa College - 2014
My professional training:
- Private Study - 12 years
- Classical Masterclass - 2 years
- Masterclass - 2 years
- Jazz Clinic - 4 years
- UCSD Jazz Camp - 2 years
- Flamenco Workshop - 1 year
make your event unforgettable
My job is to make your event, one that your guests will remember forever. During our consultation, I work closely with you on creating the ambiance you envision for your event, whether its classical guitar, upbeat latin guitar, rhythmic Spanish guitar or custom contemporary selections for your wedding ceremony music.
Below is a list of commonly requested wedding songs and music for private events. If you have a special song that you would like, please let me know and I will accommodate your needs and help you get started with a playlist.
Contact me today for a consultation and let's design your special event together.
Sample Song Selections
Links allow you to preview a video of myself playing that song.
- Alegrias- Gypsy Kings
- Volare - Gypsy Kings
- 2 The Night - Ottmar Liebert
- Barcelona Nights - Ottmar Liebert
- Tuesday's Child - Jesse Cook
- Bombay Diner - Jesse Cook
- Balada for Heidi - Strunz & Farah
- Zumba - Strunz & Farah
- Verdiales - Juan Serrano
- Alegrias - Sabicas
- Columbianas - Paco Pena
- Bulerias - Manolo Sanlucar
Bossa Nova Guitar
- The Girl from Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Agua De Beber - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- lue Bossa - Kenny Dorham
- Wave - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Black Orpheous - Luis Bonfa
- One Note Samba - Antonio Carlos Jobim
- Ave Maria - Franz Schuebert
- Cannon in D - Johann Pachelbel
- Air on a G String - JS Bach
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - JS Bach
- Trumpet Voluntary - Jeremiah Clarke
- Bridal Chorus - Richard Wagner
- Wedding March - Felix Mendelssohn
Latin Jazz Guitar
- Black Orpheus - Luis Bonfa
- Oye Como Va - Carlos Santana
- Spanish Eyes - Bert Kaempfert
- Besame Mucho - Consuelo Valasquez
- Chan Chan - Buena Vista Social Club
- Sabor A Mi - Alvaro Carillo
- Solamente Una Vez - Agustin Lara
- Historia de Un Amor - Carlos Eleta Almarán
- Perfidia - Alberto Dominguez
- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
- The Good Life - One Republic
- Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
- Th Look Of Love - Burt Bacharach
- In My Life - The Beatles
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
- Imagine - The Beatles
- Light My Fire - The Doors